Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Hump Day! Leggggs! :D

Let's see, so on top of a fracture T-5 as a kid, I've had other injuries to my back. And I still swear the torn nerves around my sacroiliac last September was the worse ever. I STILL have some twinges that get me VERY cautious. And had a few twinges today. I'll be SO happy when it totally heals... and would personally like to smack one PT at the gym for saying "it may never heal". Ass hat... ANY who.......

LEGS
10 minute walk warm up on treadmill
I always flip flop an ab exercise with w/e body part I'm working. In other words, I don't rest. So one set legs, 1 set abs.

Smith Machine Squats(I won't do free bar squats because of back issues)
1 set no added weight of 25 reps.
3 sets of 15 reps with 25lbs added each side
1 set of 18 reps with 20lbs each side

Ab Machine-
4 sets of 25 reps with 35lbs added

Standing Leg Curls-
4 sets with 30lbs
1 set with 20lbs

Hanging Oblique Lifts-

4 sets of 25

Single Leg Lunges on Smith Machine
4 sets of 15 reps with 10lbs added each side (these will make sitting down the next two days, VERY not fun! Lol 

Slant Board Sit ups-
4 sets of 25 reps

Leg Extensions-(I do these single leg style_
4 sets of 18 reps with 30lbs
1 set of 25 reps with 20lbs

Butterfly Crunches-
5 sets of 25 reps

Back Hyper Extension-
4 sets of 25 reps

Elliptical-
40 minutes


5 minute walk on treadmill for cool down

Felt a little pooped today as I rode 4 horses this morning. Will better plan riding/leg day next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment